Monday, June 19, 2017

Thank You, Garbage Truck, For Waking Me UP. (Week 2)

Ah, nothing greater than being woke up by a garbage truck at 4:00 am. Hydraulics really did surprise me last week, not only because it was early in the morning, but also because I never really thought about the hydraulic system of a garbage truck. Being the curious cat I am, I set off to google garbage truck hydraulic systems and came across a very interesting article. This article talked about a hybrid garbage truck that used hydraulic accumulators to help speed up the truck to highway speeds saving tons of gas. It is similar to the Range Rover the Perdue grad students had in the shop. Although the garbage truck does not run completely on a hydraulic system, it is exciting to see that systems we are working on this summer can potentially be what make our cars move in the future! 


Week two: still breathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...