Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Research Culture and Environment at Iowa State University

Hi everyone! Research environment in general was much lenient than I expected it to be. The professors and graduate students are super open to teaching me. From what I had heard, I was a bit scared of the environment but I have been pleasantly surprised. It may sound stupid, but I didn't expect research to be so much learning. I thought people doing the research would have solid ideas and plans and act upon them. But it seems like a lot of "oh that's interesting, let's see what we can do with this information." I suppose research wouldn't be necessary if people knew everything that would happen.

Hope everyone is enjoying their time.

- Seong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...