Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Research Culture at University of Minnesota

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from being in a research setting like this. I guess I wasn't expecting such a laid back atmosphere. I thought everyone might have more of a set schedule. It seems like people sort of come and go as they want and work at their own pace. Not to say people aren't working hard, it's just more relaxed than I imagined. I was also a little surprised by how much uncertainty there is. Thinking about it now, it seems obvious because that's what research is. I just didn't think about it prior to starting here. There is a weekly meeting where a someone new each week makes a short presentation on the project they are working on. These have been very interesting and fun to be involved in. It's cool to see what other people are working on and see the progress they are making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...