Tuesday, June 6, 2017

My Fluid Power Bootcamp Experience

Hi again,

This time I will be writing some thoughts on my experience at the Fluid Power Bootcamp this past week. First of all I have to admit that the bootcamp changed my whole perception on fluid power is. When applying to the CCEFP I thought Fluid Power had to do more with the conceptual analysis of fluids as it is taught in engineering classes. In Purdue I saw that fluid power is a field that has many applications in engineering and especially in industry, which I think is very interesting. Although I've taken so many classes on fluids, I never had a lab that demonstrated their behavior, so being in the Maha Lab was a unique experience for me. I think that the bootcamp had a high educational value as I feel ready to apply the concepts of fluid power on my own project.
Additionally, I really enjoyed being around people from all over the world that had different backgrounds but shared the same love for science. I feel that I have made connections that will be useful for my future and it was nice to talking to grad students about their work and research experience as this is what I think I want to do after I graduate.
Lastly, if I had something to complain about is that I didn't get the chance to see more of the Purdue campus, but as of what I've heard, it isn't so interesting. Overall, I think it was a great experience that I feel lucky I had the chance to be part of.

Spyros

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...