Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Hello Everyone!

I know this post is pretty late, but I finally figured out how to post something on the blog. My name is Andrew Velasquez and I am a mechanical engineer and currently an upcoming junior at the University of California Merced. I am originally raised in the city of Los Angeles, which is also located in California. In high school I played tennis and joined MESA (Mathematics Engineering Science Achie
vement) club. I still love to play tennis, but it saddens me that I do not have tennis courts at my university. Other activities that I like to do for fun is fishing, the occasional ultimate frisbee game, and paintball. Previous experiences I had before becoming a part of the CCEFP reu is during my freshman year of college, I was a part of a program called engineering service learning which allowed me and other undergraduate engineers to work on current projects. The first project I worked on was called the naturalist app and the objective was to create a phone application which would give people information about the endangered vernal pools surrounding our campus. The second project I worked on was called bobcat radio and its objective was to create the first radio station on our campus. I have also had an internship during the spring semester of my sophomore year of college were I helped restore old airplane for a aerospace museum located in Atwater California. On a special note I want to thank Alyssa Burger and the rest of the Purdue staff that accompanied the rest of the reu participants and I. I really enjoyed the boot camp and was glad to meet each and everyone of you. Good luck on the rest of your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...