Sunday, June 18, 2017

Summer Expectations

Hey everyone,

     I'm a bit late posting, but I've been staying busy! I have to say, it was quite a enjoyable experience meeting and working with everyone throughout the bootcamp. You are all very interesting and have very interesting backgrounds and personalities. I learning not only from the bootcamp, but also about various cultures and demographics. The bootcamp overall has certainly prepared me for my experience here at UIUC, considering I had little to no information coming in considering my educational focus (Electrical Engineering). I attend UIUC so I didn't have to worry about learning the environment, so my focus has been entirely on my internship and helping out in the best ways I know how. Like the bootcamp, everyone at my internship is supportive and has a very positive attitude.

     I think overall the thing I look forward to the most is what I've enjoyed most about working with this particular team of researchers; that is, once they've observed competent behavior they are very open to ideas and allow autonomy when it comes to solving problems and/or developing experimental methods for solving said problems. Hoping everyone is having as good an experience I am and if so, that it will continue to be so.

---Chas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...