Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Fluid Power Applications

I find it so fascinating that once a person gets involved in something, they start to see it everywhere else! One time I had bought this coat and soon after, it felt like everyone had the same one as me! I guess your brain starts to actually notice it instead of passing it along as unnecessary information.

I think the same thing is happening to me with fluid power right now. As I study and get involved with fluid power more, I see it in so many areas. Directly in front of the building I work in at Iowa State University, there is loads of construction going on right now. I see actuators on the booms of the machines and I find myself staring at it and thinking about all the hydraulic pipes and valves.

In the lab I work in, there is a hydrostatic transmissions test stand powered with a diesel engine. Seeing all the components in the open like that has piqued my interest in every car that passes by me.

I hope you guys are enjoying your research projects and learning a lot!

- Seong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...