Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 4 Update





Hello fellow-researchers!


I am going to share what I have been doing so far in my project. One of the major goal of my project this summer is to develop an ASTM new filterability test method for hydraulic fluids using mass flow method and correlating the volumetric and mass flow method results. This week I could connect the Mettler Toledo Balance-link software into the filtration apparatus so that I can collect dynamic weight of the filtered sample in every second interval. I tested the samples that I received from Chevron. It was very interesting to see how ashless biodegradable hydraulic fluids creates static electricity during the filtration process. This static electricity generation damages the filter media and disrupts the filtration process. I have discussed this with my advisor Paul, and he recommended me to use Electrostatic Dissipative (ESD) media during the 

filtration process and compare the results with previous ones so we can come up with a solution. This will be my future plan as of now. 

I hope everyone is having a great summer !

Tahseen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...