Thursday, June 8, 2017

What I Want Out of This Summer

Hi again,

After reading how much everyone loved boot camp, I'm pretty disappointed I couldn't go.  So I'll just write about my hopes and goals for this summer instead.

For work, I want to take on new challenges and see what I'm capable of.  I'm working in Prof. Sun's lab on the development of a hydraulic free piston engine.  I've been asked to examine a MATLAB program and a Simulink program and integrate them into one comprehensive program for monitoring and controlling the motion of the pistons with hydraulics.  I've never done anything like this before, and am excited for something new.  I'm also looking forward to the hands-on experience with the engine in the lab.  I hope this summer gives me a good idea of what graduate school is like so that I can better decide whether or not it's something I want to do in the future.

Outside of work, I want to have a great time in Minneapolis.  I've never been here before, and I want to experience all I can of this city.  So far, I like what I've seen.  I'm excited to meet some new people this summer too, maybe some people with interests similar to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...