Sunday, June 11, 2017

Bootcamp

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had excellent first weeks - filled with exploring your new city, learning more about your project, and applying what you learned at the bootcamp. It's wild to think it's already been a week!

Fluid power is not something I have learned much about during my education, so it was great to have the bootcamp to augment my learning and help prepare even more for my project. Even though we only had two days of lecture and labs, I learned a ton! The labs were an especially helpful way (particularly the quick-connect circuits) to start grasping fluid power concepts. The graduate students teaching the labs were very open to questions and to helping us learn as much as possible during our time at Purdue. It was fascinating to learn about the history of fluid power, some of the key concepts, and the great strides that have been made to bring this neglected field to the forefront.

The bootcamp set the stage for what I now anticipate to be a summer filled with learning, making new friends, and developing as a researcher and engineer. I can't wait to hear it goes for the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...