Monday, June 19, 2017

Week 2


It's really weird how when we get into something, we begin to notice it more and more. At the University of Minnesota right across the building I work at there's a lot of construction going on and with construction comes excavators. Everyday when I walk past them, I can't help but find my gaze looking at the hydraulic actuators on the machines. Before learning about fluid power, I never really thought about what was allowing those machines to do what they do.

Another thing that surprised me was that one day I was just watching some snapchat videos and one video came up about a dentist drilling into a teeth. I found myself wondering what if the drill that was used is powered by hydraulics or pneumatics? Guess what? It actually was! It was pretty cool to google that and find out that it was. Just surprised me that it was in something we might have encountered multiple times in our lives.

-Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...