Monday, June 12, 2017

Summer goals

Hello everyone! I hope research has been going great for all of you, just wanted to let you guys have an insight on my summer goals. I am really excited on learning more about fluid power systems, and in my case how we can deviate from the traditional applications. In my lab we are leaning towards a bio-medical application, we are trying to procreate a hydraulic powered ankle-foot orthosis. In the future, this project will be able to assist many people whom are victims to diseases which might impair their walking abilities. Currently, our specific target are people victims to cerebral epilepsy, if our project proves to be successful then these people will benefit greatly in terms of needing less assistance when walking. We are currently working on the portable system that will allow the subject to move freely without any constraints with regards to being attached to a power supply. I'm looking forward to solving this portable system and trouble shooting it. I am also excited in making some new connections while completing this project. Networking is always great, that's how you get your foot in the door. I'm looking forward to participating in this REU program, because I know I will make some life-long friends here and the connections here will be crucial to my career in the future. I hope you guys take advantage of this opportunity and make the best of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...