Monday, June 12, 2017

Fluid Power in Everyday Life

Hello everyone,

Fluid power is definitely all around us. In the online fluid power course I am taking right now many of the examples we learn about involve construction equipment like excavators. This weekend I drove by a few construction sites and I was noticing all the hydraulic lines in their equipment and thinking about the huge amount of power that is transferred through those lines. I started noticing fluid power in places I never really thought about too. I have used pneumatic hand sanders for years when doing woodworking, but never really thought of them as being a fluid power device. Sometimes you forget about pneumatic devices being included in the scope of fluid power. But I saw a pneumatic sander sitting in the garage over the weekend and started to really think about how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...