Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Can't Think of Anything Clever

Hi everybody! My name is Emanuel Grella and I’m coming up from the Lone star state, Texas. I’m attending the University of Texas Dallas (UTD) where I am pursuing a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering (will be graduating in Spring 2018). I’ve never been to Indiana or the Midwest so I’m excited to see what it’s like and to escape the Texas heat. I’m fairly involved around campus; I was a Residential Assistant (RA) for the last two academic years, participated in hikes around Dallas with our Outdoor Adventures club, am the Vice President of AIAA at UTD, train and compete with UTD’s gymnastics club team, and am the President of a Japanese Martial arts club where we practice Ninpo Taijutstu (but I’m still terrible at defending myself haha). When I’m not being a student I like playing guitar, reading fantasy books, slack lining, river rafting, I have a guilty pleasure of watching anime, and I’ve recently gotten into board games such as Settlers of Catan, Risk, and Pandemic. I’m easy going and like a good laugh-which I do a lot. I grew up with a loud New Yorker as a father so you’ll notice I don’t understand how to whisper. I enjoy people and am extroverted. I’m a Taurus and my personality type is an ENTJ. I aspire to get a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering possibly a PHD, make my way to space one way or another, start my own business, be a teacher, a father and then be happily retired. I look forward to getting to know everyone and making the most of my summer. Almost forgot, I’m going to be working with Dr. Jose Garcia at Purdue University.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...