Thursday, August 10, 2017

Final Post

Its been real and its been fun!

My summer consisted of designing and building a small hydraulic arm that will be used for student outreach in high, middle, and elementary school. The goal was to build off of a previous arm that wasn't reliable. The arm needed to fit a 14inch x 18inch case, plug into the wall, and then be powered by my electrical motors. These motors would then push a syringes filled with water connected to another syringe on the arm, making the arm actuated. My work was not very experimental, but I had the chance to learn very precise 3-D printers such as the Autodesk Ember and the Formlab Form 2,  learned how to run a boss laser engraver, and how to program an Arduino to control electronics. Most of my summer was spent creating my machine in Inventor, fabricating it, and testing out my Arduino programming.

The project wasn't completely finished and will need be to be manufactured and assembled once I leave. Once everything is assembled, testing of the system will need to carried out to work out to find any bugs or design flaws.

My biggest takeaways from my experience were the manufacturing techniques I was able to learn, my new experience with electronics, and the friends I was able to make (you guys :)).

Below is a picture of it in Inventor and
of a prototype I built that wasn't electrically powered:

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...