Sunday, July 23, 2017

Week 1

Hi everyone,
This weekend I arrived at Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) which is located in Wisconsin. Upon my arrival I was greeted by my advisor Paul Michael who drove me to the Grohman Tower which is one of MSOE’s dorms. Paul told me that my project is going to be analyzing large ferrous particles in hydraulic fluids and I will be using the Lasernet Fines Q230 to do this. During the week I was introduced to the rest of the REU students at MSOE, two of which will be going to the University of Johannesburg which is located in Africa. The week here at MSOE consisted of meeting with my advisor and the rest of the other advisors working on various research projects. It was also orientation week where the rest of the REU students and I were accompanied by Betty Albrecht and Subha Kumpaty. I also learned a little of solidworks because there was a solidworks training taught by the REU student Andrew Gray. There was also tours around the campus and discovering fun events here at Milwaukee hosted by Rick Gagliano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...