Monday, June 12, 2017

Boot Camp Reflection/Summer Goals

Hey everyone, I would just like to take the opportunity to reflect on my experience at the Fluid Power Boot Camp and to share my outlook for the summer.

Before attending the boot camp, I had never really been exposed to fluid power, and I was amazed at how broad of a field it is. Research in fluid power requires knowledge in subjects ranging from control theory and system design on a macroscopic level to fluid mechanics and component design down to the micron scale. Being passionate about sustainability, I was amazed at the incredible energy savings that can be achieved by improving hydraulic systems in construction vehicles. I really enjoyed being introduced to the subject by some of the top researchers in the field as well as getting to know other undergraduates from such a broad array of backgrounds.

My primary goal this summer is to use my research experience here to help narrow my field of study for graduate school. Because most fluid power research is multifaceted, working in fluid power is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience in a broad array of subjects. I hope to take advantage of the opportunity this research experience presents by contributing to the field and deciding what field of knowledge I would like to spend my career advancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...