Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Introducing your fellow Greek

Hey guys! My name is Spyros Kasapis and I am a student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Massachusetts. I was born in Thessaloniki, the second biggest city in Greece and I moved in the U.S. three years ago for college. Although I was raised in Greece and did high school there I am a dual Greek-American citizen as my mother was born in Cleveland. About my academics, I will be graduating in a year with both my Bachelors and Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering and this summer I will be doing my research in Vanderbilt University with professor Eric Barth on wearable exoskeleton-like technology for neck injuries. My hobbies are sailing and soccer (that's what people do in Europe) and back in WPI I am involved with many organizations and clubs on campus such as the Student Government, the Aerospace Honor Society and I am a brother of the Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity too. Back in Greece and during my summers I am part of the YMCA Camps where I am a sailing instructor (the picture I posted is from summer camp and I am the guy on the right). I am excited to be part of the CCEFP REU program as I am thinking of pursuing a PhD and going into academia. I look forward meeting you all in Purdue! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Hey everyone, My project wasn't directly fluid power related, but revolved around one big fluid power project. My lab this summer was ...